Humantay lake hike, 1 day.-
Humantay lake tour, 1 day price:
1) Group service (van of 20 seats): US$ 22 or 80 soles each person.
2) Private service (private transport):
– US$ 160 for one person.
– US$ 100 each person from 2 to 3 people.
– US$ 70 each person from 4 to 6 people (email us for a bigger group).
Availability: Every day, you can book a day before until 10:00 pm (much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it? You will pay it in the morning of your departure date.
Humantay lake tour, 1 day itinerary:
You will be pick up at your accommodation from 4:00 am through 4:30 am, so the bus leaves by 4:30 am from Cusco city taking 2 hours driving to Mollepata town the breakfast place, afterwards it takes 1, and half more hours to Soraypampa village, the beginning point at 3900 masl (12792 ft).
The beginning: After being impressed by the view of the Salkantay glacier located a few kms away, you will hike 2 hours uphill from 3900 masl to the bottom of the Humantay glacier, and its turquoise lake located at 4200 masl (13776) doing 300 meters (984 ft) uphill in a short time. We highly recommend to be acclimatize for this hike, 2 days in the highlands over 3000 masl at least.
Humantay lake: Over there you will have time likely 20 – 30 minutes to explore on your own around this peaceful lake. You are also able to hire a horse to ride round trip for 100 soles – US$ 26.
After exploring: The way back takes 1, and a half hours downhill to Soraypampa village where the bus will take you back to Mollepata the lunch place for 1, and a half hours.
After lunch, you need 2 more hours driving back to Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm.
What is included?
– Bus round trip from Cusco city – Soraypampa village – Cusco city.
– 1 buffet breakfast at Mollepata town.
– Bilingual tour guide (Spanish, and English).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– 1 buffet lunch at Mollepata town.
What do you need to take with you?
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Mollepata municipality.
– Extra 150 soles (US$ 40) for some expenses like renting a horse, bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Warm clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from -5 °C to 25 °C.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, warm gloves, a beanie, a hat.
– Rain jacket or rain poncho for the rainy season from October through middle April.
– Light daypack.