Machu Picchu by train, 1 day.-
Machu Picchu by train, 1 day price:
Group service up to 10 people in the group: US$ 265 each person.
Private service (private tour guide for Machu Picchu):
– US$ 320 for one person.
– US$ 295 each person from 2 people to 4 people (email us for a bigger group).
Important: We need a prepayment of US$200 each person via PayPal in advance (once you have filled out the form below, we will send you our PayPal account) to buy your Machu Picchu, and train tickets in advance.
Once you have done the prepayment, we will send you a code regarding your tickets for printing online in no more than 48 hours.
The remaining payment will be done in Cusco city a night before your date to visit Machu Picchu.
Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain costs an extra: US$60 – payment in advance via PayPal.
Discount for students only having a “university student card” only until 25 years old: US$ 20
Machu Picchu by train, 1 day itinerary:
You will be pick up from your accommodation at 5:00 am to take a taxi to Ollantaytambo where the train leaves at 7:45 am so you will arrive to Aguas Calientes town at 9:15 am, over there a transfer will wait for you at train station’s exit holding your name to take you to the bus station to go to Machu Picchu citadel.
Afterwards you will go by bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel which takes 30 minutes so by Machu Picchu’s check point the tour guide will be waiting for you, who will call you of your name. The group will be no more than 10 people, and the guided tour takes no more than 3 hours from 10:00 am.
Notice: The way hiking up, and down to Huayna Picchu mountain takes 2 hours, and the round trip to Machu Picchu mountain takes 4 hours, take in mind your time to go to the mountains after the guided tour, so to walk these mountains you have to be in Machu Picchu in the morning at 6:00 am to 8:00 am.
It is recommended to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes no later than 2:00 pm (anyway, it is allowed only 3 hours to be in Machu Picchu citadel due to new regulations) to be down there at 3:00 pm so you could go to the hot springs in town located 10 minutes away.
The train leaves at 6:20 pm from Aguas Calientes which takes 1 hour, and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo town where a driver will be waiting for you driving 1 hour, and 45 minutes more to be in Cusco by 9:45 pm.
What is included?
– Transport by taxi round trip from Cusco city to Ollantaytambo train station.
– Train service round trip from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town).
– Bus service round trip from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel.
– Machu Picchu ticket.
– Tour guide at Machu Picchu citadel.
– A fee related to PayPal transaction (6%).
What do you need to take with you?
– Original passport for the checkpoint at Machu Picchu citadel.
– Original University student card, if it is required.
– Light clothing, Machu Picchu is at 2450 masl.
– Snacks, bottled water (2 liters each day).
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat.
– Insect repellent, there are mosquitoes around Machu Picchu area.