Rainbow mountain hike, 1 day.-
Rainbow mountain tour, 1 day price:
1) Group service (van of 20 seats): US$ 22 or 80 soles each person.
2) Private service (private transport):
– US$ 140 for one person.
– US$ 90 each person from 2 to 3 people.
– US$ 60 each person from 4 to 6 people.
Availability: Every day, you can book a day before until 10:00 pm (much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it? You will pay it in the morning of your departure date.
Rainbow mountain tour, 1 day itinerary:
– From 4:00 am through 4:30 am.
The bus leaves 30 minutes later from Cusco city driving for 2 hours to the breakfast place at Cusipata town, after breakfast one more hour driving to the beginning point.
– For the private service, it could be any time from 4:00 am through 6:00 am.
The way up to Rainbow mountain pass: Nowadays the road ends nearby the Rainbow mountain pass so you only need 2 hours hiking uphill from the beggining point at 4600 masl to the highest point of 5100 masl. On the way you will meet andean people wearing their traditional clothes made on their own of alpacas, and sheep wool they raised, flocks of alpacas in their habitat, and colorful mountains around.
You can also hire a horse to ride round trip for 80 soles (US$ 21), so a horseman will be pulling the horse for your security.
Rainbow mountain pass: By the summit located at 5100 masl (16728 ft) you will get a breathtaking view of the “Rainbow mountain” also surrounded by colorful mountains, like the Red Valley, and the Ausangate glacier (6372 masl).
You will have a proper time to enjoy the unique view of the colorful mountain.
If you want to go to the “Red Valley” you need to take some extra money (20 soles – US$6) for the entrance fee.
Snowed Rainbow mountain pass: During the rainy season sometimes you could find the Rainbow mountain area covered of snow.
A buffet lunch at Cusipata town: You have to hike downhill for an hour and a half from Rainbow mountain pass to the beginning point to drive an hour more to the restaurant for lunch at Cusipata town, so you still need 2 more hours driving back to Cusco city arriving at 5:00 pm the latest.
What is included?
– Round bus trip from Cusco city to the beginning point.
– A buffet breakfast.
– Bilingual tour guide (English, and Spanish).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– A buffet lunch.
What do you need to take with you?
– 5 soles for the entrance fee at Cusipata town municipality.
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Rainbow mountain.
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Red Valley.
– Extra 120 soles (US$ 31) for some expenses like renting a horse, bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Warm clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from -5 °C to 25 °C.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, warm gloves, a beanie, a hat.
– Rain jacket or rain poncho for the rainy season from October through middle April.
– Light daypack.