Rainbow mountain on ATV, 1 day.-
Rainbow mountain on ATV, 1 day price:
Group service (van of 21 seats):
– A single seat ATV, US$ 46 or 170 soles each person.
– Double seat ATV, US$ 84 or 310 soles (two seats).
Availability: Every day, you can book a day before until 10:00 pm, but as soon as possible there are not many available ATV’s(much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it? You will pay it in the morning of your departure date.
Rainbow mountain on ATV, 1 day itinerary:
You will be pick at 6:00 am at your accommodation driving two hours to Cusipata, the breakfast place. Afterwards one more hour driving to the beginning point, where a trained tour guide will give you advises about driving the ATVs on “mountains”, security measures, also putting on all security equipment.
The driving up takes about 45 minutes to an hour, please you have to follow your trained tour guide on the way up, it is a different route than the walkers of the regular way up, so you will get off the ATVs nearby the Rainbow mountain pass.
Rainbow mountain pass: By the summit located at 5100 masl (16728 ft) you will get a breathtaking view of the “Rainbow mountain” also surrounded by colorful mountains, like the Red Valley, and the Ausangate glacier (6372 masl).
You will have a proper time to enjoy the unique view of the colorful mountain.
Snowed Rainbow mountain pass: During the rainy season sometimes you could find the Rainbow mountain area covered of snow.
A buffet lunch at Cusipata town: You have to drive down on ATV for half an hour from Rainbow mountain pass to the beginning point to take a van for one more hour back to Cusipata town for lunch, so you still need 2 more hours driving back to Cusco city arriving at 5:00 pm the latest.
What is included?
– Round bus trip from Cusco city to the beginning point..
– A buffet breakfast.
– Bilingual tour guide (English, and Spanish)..
– An ATV quad bike.
– Security equipment.
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– A buffet lunch.
What do you need to take with you?
– 5 soles for the entrance fee at Cusipata town municipality.
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Rainbow mountain.
– Extra 100 soles (US$ 26) for some expenses like bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Warm clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from -5 °C to 25 °C.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, warm gloves, a beanie, a hat.
– Rain jacket or rain poncho for the rainy season from October through middle April.
– Light daypack.