Salt mines, Moray tour, 1 day: Salt mines of Maras, and Moray.-
Salt mines, Moray tour, 1 day price:
1) Group service (van of 21 seats): US$ 14 or 50 soles each person. Which is about a tour guide, and transport.
2) Private service (private transport):
– US$ 100 for one person. Which is about a tour guide, and transport.
– US$ 50 each person from 2 to 3 people. Which is about a tour guide, and transport.
– US$ 40 each person from 4 to 6 people. Which is about a tour guide, and transport (email us for a bigger group).
Availabilty: Every day, you could book even 2 hours earlier of departure time (much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it?
We will collect the payment in the morning of your departure date.
Salt mines, Moray tour, 1 day itinerary:
You will be pick up at 8:40 am from your accommodation so the van leaves at 9:00 am from Cusco downtown driving two hours along the highlands of Cusco area, farming areas, view of glaciers of the Sacred Valley, local towns to the Salt mines of Maras.
1.- Salt mines of Maras: These salt mines comprised of 3000 “dirt pits” is exploited since pre-incan time.
There are “dirt acueducts” to run salty water which emanates from the nearby mountain to fill up every “dirt pit” so this salty water is just evaporated by sunshine for 10 days to get “solid salt” of different qualities used mainly for medicinal purposes, also for raising of domestic animals by locals.
2.- Moray: 20 more minutes driving away is located Moray, an Inca site comprised of 3 group of terraces used as “farming laboratory” to acclimatize, and improve andean crops at Inca time. These terraces were built taking advantage of the natural depressions.
It takes 2 more hours driving back to Cusco city to arrive by 3:30 pm.
What do you need to take with you?
– 70 soles (US$ 19) for the partial ticket of 2 days pass to visit Moray, this ticket also allows you to visit Pisac, Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero.
– Otherwise you can buy the whole tourist ticket of 130 soles (US$ 35) of 10 days pass, which allows you to visit 16 sites in Cusco province like Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, Tambomachay, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Moray, Chinchero, Tipon, Pikillacta, the Pachacutec monument, the “Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo” meaning “Cusco’s center of native art”, Qoricancha museum (still closed due to pandemic), Art Popular museum, Contemporary Art museum, Regional Historic museum, so also valid for other day tours like Cusco city tour, half day; Sacred Valley tour 1 day; Sacred Valley, Salt mines, Moray tour 1 day; Cusco South Valley tour 1 day; etc. You can buy this both tickets at any inca site you go first.
– 10 soles (US$ 3) for the ticket of the Salt mines of Maras.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, a rain poncho or rain jacket during the rainy season from October through middle April.
– Clothing, temperatures could varies from 10 °C to 28 °C.